Arugula and White Turnip Salad
Serving Size: 4 oz Salmon, 2 C Arugula, 1/2 C Wheat Berries, 1/4 C White Turnips, 1/4 C dressing
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 16 oz salmon
- 8 C arugula
- 1 C wheat berries
- 8 small white turnips
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
Dressing-Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 3 tsp large grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
1. Combine wheat berries in a saucepan with 2 1/2 C of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce down to low heat and simmer for 15 minutes. When the wheat berries are finished they are soft, but still chewy. After 15 minutes drain excess water and set aside.
2. While the wheat berries are cooking, cut salmon into 4, 4 oz pieces and place on a baking sheet. Lightly brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400º F for 10-12 minutes, until just cooked through.
3. Using a dressing bottle, or by whisking in a dish, combine all of the dressing ingredients.
4. Peel salad turnips, and, using your vegetable peeler, cut into thin turnip coins. Wash and dry arugula.
5. Assemble each salad with 2 C of Arugula, 1/4 C of white turnip coins and 1/2 C cooked wheat berries. When you’re ready to serve, top with flaked salmon and dressing.
Dressing - Honey Mustard Vinaigrette