Peanut Butter and Honey Bear Tea Sandwiches – Brighten your little one’s day with these delightful tea sandwiches that are fun, mostly healthy, and just a touch indulgent!
My youngest son is obsessed with honey. It all started over the summer when we would take our weekly trip to our local farm to buy fresh produce. In addition to growing vegetables, the farm keeps their own bees.
At the farm store register, at exactly the eye-level of my son, there’s a mason jar filled with golden honey sticks. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, they’re pretty much just a clear plastic straw filled with honey, and both ends sealed shut.
Every week, if my son is a good helper, he gets a honey stick. It always ends with his fingers, face, and a little of his hair being coated in a sweet, sticky layer. Despite the mess, the smile it puts on his face keeps us both coming back for more. Besides, I think it makes him extra kissable.
Since last summer, my son’s love for honey has spiraled a little out of control. So much so, that his nickname is now “Honey Bear.” Living up to his nickname, he will randomly approach me throughout the day asking to “eat honey.”
Now, honey is a whole food and all, but it’s still a treat. As much as my son would disagree, I wouldn’t call it the ideal afternoon snack…
I’m an indulgent mother, though. So, in an effort to keep my Honey Bear happy, I had the idea of making him little bear-shaped Peanut Butter and Honey Tea Sandwiches. Made with wheat bread, crunchy peanut butter, and honey, they’re mostly healthy and just a touch indulgent.
If you have any sweet little honey bears in your life I think they’ll love these Peanut Butter and Honey Bear Tea Sandwiches, too! If you’re looking to create a special memory, create a tea party with these sandwiches, your child’s favorite teddy bears, and this adorable book, Honey, by David Ezra Stein.
The bear in the story is just like my little Honey Bear! 🍯 🐻 💗
- bear-shaped cookie cutter
- 8 slices fluffy wheat bread
- 4 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter*
- 4 tsp honey
- 12 mini chocolate chips for eyes and nose
- fresh sliced bananas (optional)
- Using a bear-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 8 bear-shaped slices of wheat bread.
- Generously apply peanut butter to four slices of bread, and then apply one slightly heaping teaspoon of honey to the other four slices of bread. Assemble your sandwiches by putting together a peanut butter slice with a honey slice.
- Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Serve with a side of fresh sliced bananas as desired.
*If your child doesn’t like crunchy peanut butter, this recipe is almost as good with creamy peanut butter.