Butterfly Raspberry Fluff and Nutella Tea Sandwiches – Put a romantic spin on Marshmallow Fluff with this pretty, chocolatey tea sandwich that’s tons of fun for kids and grownups alike!
As a kid I ate a lot of Marshmallow Fluff. I wouldn’t call it the cornerstone of good childhood nutrition, but it’s definitely the stuff of good memories. Plus, I grew up in the 90’s, when “good snacks” included Kool-Aid, Fruit Gushers, and DunkAroos. Fluff fit nicely within a balanced 90’s kid diet.
It turns out that my cat shares my affinity for Fluff. He’s not a fat cat, so I let him indulge with a few licks. When I took it away he hung around the kitchen and cried for an hour. Poor kitty! I’d cry too if someone took my fluff away!
When I was a kid, as a special treat my mom would make the all-time Fluff classic; a peanut butter and fluff sandwich, otherwise known as a “Fluffernutter.” This February I decided to romanticize Fluff a little by creating Butterfly Raspberry Fluff and Nutella Tea Sandwiches.
Mixing raspberry jam into fluff makes a pretty-in-pink, delightful raspberry-flavored version of fluff. Perfect for your kids’ (or grown-ups’) Valentine’s Day party.
I shared one of these sandwiches with my mom and she mentioned that we should have tried mixing raspberry with Fluff years ago. Paired with Nutella, this recipe is part sandwich and part dessert! The kids in your life will love it. You can be sure, however, if you try to take it away they’ll likely cry for an hour over their lost Fluff!
- butterfly-shaped cookie cutter
- 8 slices fluffy white bread
- 1/2 C marshmallow fluff
- 3 Tbsp seedless raspberry preserves
- 3 Tbsp nutella
- fresh raspberries to serve on the side (optional)
- Using a butterfly-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 8 butterfly-shaped slices of white bread.
- In a small bowl, mix together the marshmallow fluff and the seedless raspberry jam until it’s evenly combined and pink in color.
- Generously apply raspberry fluff to four slices of bread and generously apply Nutella to the other four slices of bread. Assemble your sandwiches by putting together a raspberry fluff slice with a Nutella slice.
- Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Serve with a side of fresh raspberries as desired.