Sheet Pan Pistachio Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Carrots – This simple recipe, with it’s sweet and savory familiarity, yet sophisticated flavor combinations, is destined to become a favorite in your household!
I’m happy to bring another sheet pan recipe to Simple Seasonal! This is due largely to the fact that I live by sheet pan and one pot meals as of late. With a first grader, a toddler, and a job it seems like time is in short supply and I’m always looking for ways to simplify my life.
In the quest to keep things simple I’ve tried to preserve the sanctity of the dinner hour. I believe it’s vital for the physical and emotional health of my family. That means I regularly give my family well-balanced, home cooked meals that everyone is expected to eat together around the dinner table.
In the craziness of our schedules, dinner time forces my family to be calm and to talk with one another for a few minutes while eating nourishing food. My hope is that this will set healthy eating patterns for my kids and lasting memories that will follow them throughout their lives.
Fortunately, healthy food doesn’t have to be complicated. That’s why I make my family meals like this Sheet Pan Pistachio Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Carrots. The kids love the sweet, roasted carrots. The tilapia is crunchy and nutty, making it just a little sophisticated for mom’s and dad’s palates. Not so much to scare the kids off, though! This simple recipe is a favorite in my busy home and I think it could become one in yours, too!
- 1 lb peeled and sliced carrots
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 lb (4 large pieces) tilapia filets
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ⅔ C crushed salted pistachios
- ⅔ C shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a jelly roll pan with a piece of parchment paper
- Peel and slice the carrots into ¼” thick coins. Combine them in a ziplock bag with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Shake to evenly coat the carrots. Pour the carrots onto the parchment-lined pan and evenly spread them out. Roast in a 400ºF oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the tilapia. Crush the pistachios and stir them together on a plate with the fresh parmesan cheese so that they are evenly combined. Coat each piece of tilapia with mayonnaise. Next coat each filet on both sides in the pistachio mixture.
- After the carrots have cooked for 15 minutes remove them from the oven and turn the oven up to 450ºF. Flip the carrots and push them towards the sides of the pan to make room for the tilapia filets. Arrange the four pieces of coated fish along the center of the pan. Return the fish to the oven and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. The fish is done cooking once it starts to become flakey and reaches an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Serve the tilapia with just carrots for a low carb meal or with a starch.*