Tomato Basil Ricotta Toast – Start your morning right with this summery, savory tomato basil ricotta toast that packs a hearty nutritional punch!
Tomato and basil is one of those classic summertime flavor combinations that never grows old. They both bring out each other’s sweetness and the peppery flavor of the basil complements tomato perfectly. Add a mild cheese to the mix and you’ve really got something that’s just so simple and good.
Now, I would argue that tomato basil isn’t just lunch and dinner. That’s why I toasted up some breakfast time Tomato Basil Ricotta Toast.
The ricotta cheese on this toast makes it high in protein and calcium. The tomatoes also give you a big boost of vitamins A and C. Put all this on top of whole grain toast and you’ve got a tasty way to energize your mornings! Check out the full recipe at the bottom of this blog post and start your day right!
- 1 piece toast
- 3 oz ricotta cheese
- ⅓ C grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ Tbsp fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Toast 1 piece of bread.
- Measure the ricotta cheese into a ziplock bag. Clip one end of the ziplock bag and squeeze the ricotta onto your toast in a zigzag pattern as if using a frosting bag.
- Slice and arrange the tomatoes over the ricotta toast. Garnish with basil that you’ve cut into ribbons, salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Serve immediately.