The Faces Behind Simple Seasonal
Hi, I’m Rachel and welcome to Simple Seasonal – a whole foods blog about making the most of your local farmer’s market or CSA.
By day, I’m a practicing Home Health Nurse in the Philadelphia area. This experience has taught me that the health of myself, my family, and my community is largely affected by the choices we make every day – especially the choices about what we eat. At some point, most of our mothers told us to, “eat your vegetables!” Well, Mom may have been onto something, because study after study concludes that, once again, she was right. With this in mind, I try to practice what I preach as a visiting nurse in order to promote better health – both for myself and my family, I’m proud to carry on the mantra of “EAT YOUR VEGETABLES” in this blog!
Hi, I’m Dan. While I mostly work behind the scenes here at Simple Seasonal, I’m a huge fan of well-crafted cocktails and regularly publish recipes with a local and seasonal spin. I’m also lucky enough to be married to Rachel, and therefore the official Simple Seasonal QA tester.
By day, I’m a User Experience Designer in the tech industry, so I work hard to make sure everything flows nicely while you’re interacting with us.
What you will see from Simple Seasonal:
- Whole food recipes prepared with seasonal and local ingredients
- Plenty of vegetarian and vegan recipes, but also some meaty main courses with pastured meats (of course, assuming that they’ll be enjoyed with a mountain of vegetables)
- The occasional dessert or drink recipe that incorporates fruits, vegetables, whole grains, or natural ingredients
- A “How To” section with techniques for cooking whole foods
- Info and recipes featuring unusual or mysterious produce you may find at your local farmer’s market or CSA
- Some canning recipes – because, seriously, you can’t let 6 quarts of perfectly ripe strawberries go to waste!
- A celebration of discovering new & nourishing foods that taste amazing!
- Finally, lots of love for local farmers – because they do impressive things with dirt and we need them!
Rachel & Dan