Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Salsa – Say hello to summer with this easy recipe full of bright, sweet, seasonal flavors and a touch of heat to inspire thoughts of warm weather!
This recipe for Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Salsa has been a favorite in my home for a number of years now. Like clock work I make it every summer and my family devours it in minutes. Grilled chicken paired with fresh strawberries and a little bit of spice is a simple, yet mouth watering combination. It’s a tried and true dinner in my home!
I’ve been making this recipe so long that I first published it on this blog way back in the summer of 2015. At the time, Simple Seasonal was less than a year old. I put this recipe on the blog soon after purchasing my first DSLR camera (a.k.a., a “professional” camera), and had no clue how to use it. Naturally, my photos didn’t turn out that great, and I feel they never gave this recipe the justice it deserves.
Fast forward 5 years and I’m still blogging. And boy, has my photography come a long way… This recipe, with its original lackluster photos never got traction on the web, so I thought it’s about time for a rewrite. I hope that it now gets the attention it deserves, because this easy recipe is a keeper!
Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Salsa
Say hello to summer with this easy recipe full of bright, sweet, seasonal flavors and a touch of heat to inspire thoughts of warm weather!
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 C fresh chopped strawberries
- 1/2 C chopped avocado
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 C chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set them aside and allow them to come to room temperature. Meanwhile, preheat your grill and brush the grates clean.
- Grill the chicken over direct medium heat (350º to 450ºF) about 8-12 minutes or when the internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast is 165ºF, turning once or twice. Keep the lid closed as much as possible.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the strawberry salsa. Simply prep all of the ingredients and gently stir them together in a bowl. This recipe has medium heat, so if you like mild salsa, omit the jalapeño. If you like hot salsa, chop in some of the seeds, but be careful! (I always wear gloves when cutting hot peppers.)
- Once the chicken has finished grilling, top it with your fresh strawberry salsa and serve immediately.
[…] GET THE RECIPE […]