Strawberry Salsa – Spice up your summer strawberry haul with this delicious salsa. Both cool and spicy, it’s a perfect snack for a warm summer day!
For the last three weeks my family has been going through 4 quarts of strawberries a week! It’s all because it’s that wonderful time of year when we can get juicy, sweet, red local strawberries.
My kids devour my strawberries like candy. I’m not complaining, except that there’s not always much left for the adults beyond some half-chewed stems. So, to stave off my kids, I sometimes do spicy, adult things to my berries.
No! Nothing kinky… I’m talking about Strawberry Salsa!
Strawberries are delicious (and too spicy for kids) when they’re kicked-up with some jalapeños, cilantro, and lime. I recommend dipping this salsa with sea salt and lime tortilla chips. Paired with a beautiful summer night, an ice-cold IPA, and the kids running around the yard like lunatics, this recipe is summer strawberry perfection!
- 2 C fresh strawberries, chopped
- ½ C avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped*
- ¼ C cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp honey
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Chop all of the fresh ingredients and place them into a medium sized serving bowl together.
- Pour in the lime juice and honey, and sprinkle with salt.
- Gently fold the ingredients together until evenly combined. Garnish with lime zest. Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips.**
*Use two jalapeños for a spicier salsa.
**This salsa is particularly good with lime-flavored tortilla chips.