Creamy Mozzarella and Spinach Baked Chicken – There’s so much to love about this wonderfully delicious, cheesy, no-fuss, one-pot meal, it’s a sure bet for your whole family!
I’m not really a betting person, but I’m going to bet that you’ll love today’s recipe. Seriously though, I’m really not a betting person or a risk taker at all. I calculate, I plan, and then I make a decision. If I go to a casino, I’m the girl sitting at the bar sipping on cocktails while I watch everyone gamble their money away. I like knowing that at the end of the night I’ll definitely still have money for dinner.
So why am I willing to bet on this meal? Imagine chicken topped with melted mozzarella baked in a creamy, garlicky, spinach sauce… Is that enough for you? The best part is, for being such a fancy meal, it’s pretty low fuss to create!
It only takes 20 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake. Instead of laboriously creating a cream sauce with butter, flour, and milk, it incorporates cream cheese. While baking, the cream cheese combines with the spinach and chicken juices to create a wonderfully creamy and flavorful sauce.
I’m always on the lookout for one-pot meals. They ensure that I spend less time in the kitchen and less time washing dishes. Between the chicken and the spinach, this recipe is pretty much a complete and balanced meal in one dish. Serve as-is for a low carb dinner or pair with a grain or starch for a heartier meal.
Bets placed, I’d wager that this Creamy Mozzarella and Spinach Baked Chicken is a total winner-winner-chicken-dinner!
Creamy Mozzarella and Spinach Baked Chicken
There's so much to love about this wonderfully delicious, cheesy, no-fuss, one-pot meal, it's a sure bet for your whole family!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp olive oil,
- 1/3 C shallots, chopped small
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 C baby spinach
- 1/2 C parmesan, shredded
- 2 C low moisture whole milk mozzarella, shredded
- Set the cream cheese out on the counter to soften one hour prior to starting.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a large skillet, sauté the shallots in 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Next, add the garlic and spinach to the skillet and cook until the spinach is wilted, then remove from the heat. Allow the cooked spinach about 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, prep the chicken by removing and excess fat. Place the chicken breasts in a small casserole dish and evenly coat each piece with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the spinach has cooled for 5 minutes, place it in a bowl with the cream cheese and stir to evenly combine.
- Spread the spinach cream cheese mixture evenly over the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 450ºF for 15 minutes, remove foil, and then continue to bake for 5-10 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Serve immediately.
Look over the recipe. It tastes great but the chicken is missing on the ingredients list.
Shane, thanks for letting me know! It’s fixed now!