Is Ricotta Toast Healthy?The great thing about ricotta toast is that the ricotta is an excellent source of protein. It boasts just under 10 grams of protein in the 3 ounces used on each piece. A high protein breakfast is the perfect way to start the day because it will keep you feeling full and satisfied all morning long! Ricotta toast has some other benefits, too. Three ounces of ricotta contains 18% of your daily value of calcium. Paired with hearty whole grain bread there’s also some added iron. My slice of toast contained 6% of my daily value of iron. The final touch of fresh summer produce adds healthy vitamins and minerals like vitamins A and C. This natural breakfast really has your morning covered!
How to make pretty ricotta toastWhen you go to make your toast you can just spread your ricotta over it like a normal person. On the other hand, I recommend making your toast look extra pretty by piping your ricotta onto the toast.
- Fill a plastic sandwich bag with 3 ounces of ricotta cheese.
- Using a pair of clean scissors, clip one corner off of the bag.
- Squeeze the ricotta onto the toast from one diagonal corner to the next while making a zigzag pattern.
Summer Ricotta Toast 5 WaysObviously it’s not just about the ricotta. It’s also about all the delicious toppings. I have 5 different summer ricotta toasts for you check out. Just click the links below to get the recipes. Happy healthy eating!
- Old Bay Eggs Ricotta Toast
- Cinnamon Peaches n’ Cream Ricotta Toast
- Blueberry Lime Ricotta Toast
- Tomato Basil Ricotta Toast
- Honey Sunflower Ricotta Toast
Leave a Reply