Roasted Red Pepper Dip – This zesty appetizer is great at summer picnics, but its festive color also makes it perfect for your Christmas or New Year’s party!
This Roasted Red Pepper Dip is my all-time favorite easy appetizer. It takes all of five minutes to make and it’s popping with sweet red pepper flavor paired with savory olive oil. This is extra tasty when seasoned with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. If, like me, you enjoy some heat, the perfect finishing touch is crushed red pepper, but that’s totally optional. I like to serve this recipe at picnics in the summertime, but its color also makes it a festive addition to a Christmas or New Year’s party!
- 1 16 oz jar rosted red bell peppers
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- bakery bread or crostini for dipping*
- Drain the jarred roasted red peppers and remove any seeds.
- Purée the roasted red peppers using a standing blender or an immersion blender. Once smooth, purée in the olive oil.
- Serve at room temperature topped with a drizzle of olive oil, fine sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to taste. Pair with bakery bread or crostini for dipping.
*This recipe is excellent with my Rosemary Parmesan Dipping Crostini (pictured here). This dip is also good with sourdough bread or focaccia.