Baked Apple Pecan Ricotta Toast – This delicious and seasonal ricotta toast recipe is like starting your day with fresh apple pie – but much healthier, of course!
Am I the only person who wouldn’t mind starting their day with apple pie? If you share my sentiment then you’ve come to the right place!
This year I’ve been obsessed with ricotta toast. Served on whole grain bread, ricotta toast is a high protein and high fiber way to start your day. It’ll keep you full all morning long.
The fun thing about ricotta toast is that it’s a blank canvas for adding all kinds of seasonal flavors. With the holiday season coming up, why not transform something as blasé as toast into Baked Apple Pecan Ricotta Toast, befitting the season?
The secret to this recipe is cooking the apples with cinnamon, corn starch and sweetener in the microwave. When it’s done it’s like topping your toast with apple pie filling! Except, my recipe is much healthier. I promise!
Are you totally crushing on ricotta toast right now? Check out these other tasty and healthy breakfast ideas by clicking here or on the picture below of Fall Ricotta Toast 3 Ways!
Baked Apple Pecan Ricotta Toast
This delicious and seasonal ricotta toast recipe is like starting your day with fresh apple pie - but much healthier, of course!
- 3 oz ricotta cheese (about 1/3 C)
- 1/2 medium tart apple, small chop
- 1/2 tsp water
- 1/8 tsp stevia or 1 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp pecan pieces
- Toast 1 piece of toast.
- Place the apple, water, stevia (or sugar), cinnamon, and cornstarch into a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 2 minutes and then let sit for 1 minute. Next, mix in the pecan pieces and set aside.
- Measure the ricotta cheese into a ziplock bag. Clip one end of the ziplock bag and squeeze the ricotta onto your toast in a zigzag pattern, as if using a frosting bag.
- Sprinkle the cooked cinnamon apples over the toast. Garnish with fresh apple as desired. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply