Easy Pumpkin Alfredo Ravioli Bake – Put down that Halloween candy and whip up this rich, cheesy, no-fuss pasta dish that’s a complete, balanced meal in one dish!
My oldest son dressed up as a big, brave soldier this Halloween. He looked awesome, but I have to say that I’m a little sad that long gone are the days of cute Halloween costumes. I know it’s only a matter of time until his 2-year-old brother will follow suit, so this year I wanted to make the most of his sweet innocence. I settled on a classic Halloween look and he was one stinking cute little orange ball of cuddles and chocolates. 🎃🍫🧡
Moving on from eating chocolate – I mean trick-or-treating with the kids – to cooking. (Confession: It’s so easy to steal chocolate from a toddler!) I haven’t just been cooking up ideas for pumpkin Halloween costumes, I’ve also been cooking up some actual pumpkin in my kitchen!
Pumpkin isn’t just for cute toddlers, pies, and lattes. It’s also yummy in savory dishes, too! This fall I set out to make a delicious and no-fuss savory dish to celebrate the pumpkin season. I came up with this recipe for Easy Pumpkin Alfredo Ravioli Bake.
This recipe is cheesy and rich! The addition of pumpkin, spinach, and apple sausage brightens the predictable and traditional alfredo sauce, making this a ravioli dish that celebrates the fall season.
Between the pasta, dairy, chicken sausage, and orange and green vegetables this is a complete, balanced meal in one dish! Make and bake right away or prepare in advance and heat later. Since this only takes 15 minutes to prep, you’ll have plenty of time to sort your Halloween candy before dinner!
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Alfredo Ravioli Bake
Scroll past the photo directions for the recipe card.
Easy Pumpkin Alfredo Ravioli Bake
Put down that Halloween candy and whip up this rich, cheesy, no-fuss pasta dish that's a complete, balanced meal in one dish!
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package of apple chicken sausage, chopped
- 2/3 C chopped sweet yellow onion
- 5 oz bagged and pre-washed fresh baby spinach
- 2 (15 oz) jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 3 (9 oz) containers of fresh cheese ravioli
- 3 C shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Chop the apple chicken sausage and yellow onion. Sauté both in a skillet with 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the baby spinach to the skillet once the sausage is browned and the onion is soft (about 3 minutes). Cook the spinach, stirring frequently for approximately another 3 minutes or until it is wilted. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- While the sausage and onions are cooking mix the sauce by combining the jarred alfredo sauce and canned pumpkin in a large bowl until smooth.
- Next assemble the casserole. You will build the layers as follows: (1) 1/2 of the sauce, (2) 1/2 of the ravioli, (3) the entire cooked mixture on sausage, onions and spinach, (4) 1 1/2 C shredded mozzarella, (5) the remainder of the ravioli, (6) the remainder of the sauce.
- Bake at 375º F for 20 minutes and then add the remaining 1 1/2 C of mozzarella. Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- The casserole is done once it starts bubbling along the edges and the cheese is melted. Allow the dish to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
[…] Gaston’s Pumpkin Alfredo Ravioli Bake […]