Lemon Pepper Roasted Cauliflower Florets – Easy to make and easy to pair with a variety of meals, this zesty dish should be your go-to cauliflower side.
Recently I realized that I’ve been neglecting cauliflower, only having cooked it a handful of times over the last year. I really like cauliflower, and my whole family generally eats it without a fuss. There’s therefore no reason behind my abandonment of the vegetable, except that I had just plain forgotten to put it on my weekly menu.
To remedy this egregious situation I knew that I had better get cooking! I started out with this simple and easy recipe for Lemon Pepper Roasted Cauliflower Florets. Because the cauliflower is roasted, its natural sweetness comes through. Paired with lemon and pepper, it also has a little zing.
The best thing is that this recipe takes very little effort to make and it pairs with a wide variety of dishes. Serve Lemon Pepper Roasted Cauliflower Florets with chicken or fish. It’s also good in vegetarian meals like with falafel or white beans. Because lemon and pepper crosses multiple ethnic culinary traditions, this recipe works with American, Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern entrées alike.
So, if like me, you’ve been neglecting the poor cauliflower vegetable, it’s time to get cooking. Also, if you need an easy, go-to cauliflower recipe that you can make time and time again, this is the one for you!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- More pepper to taste before serving
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut the the cauliflower florets away from the cauliflower stems. Cut each floret into quarter sized pieces.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet or in an oven safe cast iron pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Toss the cauliflower to evenly coat and then arrange it evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Roast in the oven at 400ºF for 30-40 minutes, stirring about 20 minutes in. Cook until the bottoms of the cauliflower are beginning to brown and the florets are tender.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the lemon juice, lemon zest, and parsley. Serve immediately.