Pumpkin Spice Ricotta Toast – Love “pumpkin spice season” but hate all the fat and sugar that comes with it? Get your fix with this hearty and healthy fall breakfast that will leave you satisfied all morning long!
Yesterday I worked a 12-hour day that somehow morphed into a 14-hour day with a 10-minute lunch break. I guess that’s just how it goes when you’re a nurse. Fortunately, I like my job so I’m willing to put up with the long days.
The day after I work such a shift I need to recover a little. Today’s a chilly fall day which lends itself to snuggling up on the couch with a hot cup of coffee and a piece of Pumpkin Spice Ricotta Toast. Fortunately, I have an excuse!
This recipe has the much-loved pumpkin spice flavor, but unlike some applications this recipe is actually good for you! The high-protein ricotta is mixed with pumpkin purée for added vitamin A and real pumpkin flavor. Add in some pumpkin spice and you’ve got a healthy way to enjoy the flavor!
For an extra ounce of healthiness, this toast is topped with pumpkin seeds, which are packed with vitamins and antioxidants. I need all the immune support I can get after working a long shift taking care of sick people!
If you’re looking for a healthy way to enjoy “pumpkin spice season,” I’m sure this recipe is for you!
Are you totally crushing on ricotta toast right now? Check out these other tasty and healthy breakfast ideas by clicking here or on the picture below of Fall Ricotta Toast 3 Ways!
- 1 piece sliced bread
- 2.5 oz ricotta cheese (about 1/4 C)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canned pumpkin purée
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp maple syrup, divided
- 1 tsp shelled, toasted, and salted pumpkin seeds
- Toast 1 piece of bread.
- Measure the ricotta cheese, pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, and 1/2 tsp of maple syrup into a ziplock bag. Knead the content together with your fingers until evenly combined and set aside.
- Clip one end of the ziplock bag and squeeze the pumpkin ricotta onto your toast in a zigzag pattern as if using a frosting bag.
- Mix together the pumpkin seeds and the remaining 1/2 tsp of maple syrup. Drizzle the sauce and the pumpkin seeds over the toast. Serve immediately.