How To Make Pumpkin Puree
Prep: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 (or as many as you want!) small pumpkins
1. Clean pumpkins, cut in half, and scoop out seeds with a large metal spoon.
2. Remove stems, which can easily be done by pulling stem inward toward the inside of the pumpkin.
3. Quarter pumpkins and place onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake pumpkins at 350º F for approximately 45 minutes. When the pumpkins are finished they should be soft and have a slight golden-brown color.
4. Allow baked pumpkins to cool enough to easily handle and then, using your fingers and a knife, work the skin off the pumpkin.
5. Transfer pumpkin to a food processor and puree until smooth.
The finished pumpkin puree can be used immediately, stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or placed into freezer bags and frozen for later use. This puree can be used in place of canned pumpkin puree in your favorite dishes such as pumpkin pie. It is also appropriate to mix with a little baby cereal and breast milk or formula, for an early, healthy food for baby.